- James played football, basketball and baseball all 4 years of high school in Carmen, Oklahoma.
- When not working, he enjoys hanging out with his family. He has 3 children, 8 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. He also enjoys playing golf.
- When we asked James about something most people don’t know about him he responded with
“I rode a Brahma bucking bull in high school at the Pond Creek rodeo. I did it once and will never do it again.”
We are excited James has joined our law firm in an “Of Counsel” capacity. At Ewbank, Hennigh & McVay James focuses on Oil and Gas, Wills, Trusts, Probate and General Civil Practice. For details on James Cox, check out his BIO.
The Red Dirt BBQ contest brings competition BBQ teams from across the country to Enid.
The teams compete for more than $16,000 in prizes. If you have ever watched any of the televised BBQ shows, you will recognize many of the teams who are consistently in the top 10 here in Enid competing. All the fanfare helps raise money for the Enid Noon Ambucs whose mission is to create mobility & independence for people with disabilities. Enid Noon Ambucs Partners with Roberts Ranch and Eagle Marketing in putting on the event, and raises significant money used to purchase amtrykes, which are therapeutic bicycles. Ewbank, Hennigh & McVay Law Firm has participated in the event for several years.
The competition results are listed here at Enidnews.com
EH applauds our very own, James R. Cox for reaching a significant professional milestone. During the April monthly meeting of the Garfield County Bar Association, Jim Cox was recognized for over 50 years of professional service and membership with the Oklahoma Bar Association. Chief Justice John F. Reif of the Supreme Court of the State of Oklahoma was in attendance and presented Jim his 50 year membership pin and certificate of recognition for this accomplishment. After being introduced and recognized by the Garfield County Bar President, Jim addressed the Garfield County Bar Membership with a message commending the professionalism of the members of the local bar association, praising local judges and thanking his wife for her commitment to their family and his profession as well. Jim continues his commitment to his clients and his practice and remains focused on oil and gas matters with the law firm of Ewbank & Hennigh.
Photography Credit: Holly Gannett Photography + Design
As some of you know we had the opportunity to help raise money for the YMCA “BACK A YOUTH” program. The community had been raising money for quite some time, we pulled together with Edward Jones and the YMCA to plan a basketball game in order to help reach their goal of $155,000 in order to provide scholarships for youth to join the YMCA at no cost. Many other businesses in town helped put this event on:
- Farm Credit of Enid
- Pheasant Run Golf Course
- Todd Hamilton – Farmers Insurance Agency
- Holly Gannett Photography + Design.
All teams contributed to the oversized check that was presented to the Denny Price Family YMCA after the game. Funds were also raised by those in attendance through voting by donations to choose which team would dress up and perform during the half-time show. Team Edward Jones took home the win for the night but Team Ewbank, Hennigh and McVay showed their skills as well while hula hooping in dresses at the hilarious half-time performance.
At the end of the night we raised $2,252 which we were pleased with. Thank you to everyone who came out to support us and help raise money for such a wonderful program.
The event was published in the April issue of ETOWN, local magazine right out of End, Oklahoma. Check it out…
Designed and photographed by Holly Gannett Photography + Design.
- Drew was elected to represent all TSA chapters across the country for the National Technology Student Association Sgt.-At-Arms. He also played football, golf and was very involved in FCA, NHS and student council during high school.
- When not working, he enjoys hanging out with his family. They are into everything outdoors. Depending on the season, they are hunting, fishing, golfing, or just exploring.
- When we asked Drew about something most people don’t know about him he responded with
“My middle name is Scarr.
The last three music albums I have purchased are Robert Earl Keen’s new bluegrass album, Bob Marley’s greatest hits, and Jason Boland’s Truckstop Diaries. I have music schizophrenia.
I own a part interest in a racing greyhound. I’ve never seen him, but he runs in West Virginia.
Met Willie Nelson back in the day and all I had for him to sign was my can of Copenhagen.”
Drew is one of 3 partners to the firm. At Ewbank, Hennigh & McVay. Drew focuses on Personal Injury and Litigation Cases. For details on Drew Ewbank, check out his BIO.
- Howard graduated from Enid High School then joined the United States Air Force.
- When not working, he enjoys volunteering, riding motorcycles, and has a huge passion for music. He enjoys contemporary jazz, R&B, rap (in that order).
- When we asked Howard about something most people don’t know about him he responded with
“Win/lose situations bring out an extreme competitiveness in me. Some call it stubborn, aggravating, borderline mean. I call it a “winning spirit”.
The “sell by” date on food packaging is my “eat by” date. I will go hungry before I eat anything that is within a week of the “sell by” date…”
At Ewbank, Hennigh & McVay. Howard focuses on Personal Injury, Criminal Law/DUI. For details on Howard Morrow, check out his BIO.